I have heard many people complain that eating eggs every morning gets boring. I see it as a challenge to keep trying something new. If you love eggs or are bored with your current egg routine, try a new move with this recipe. Try it with different cheeses and different herbs and see how you go.
1 tbsp Roquefort blue cheese
1 scotch bonnet pepper
¼ sweet potato, cubed
¼ red onion
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 small handful fresh parsley
1 pinch salt
3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil gently in a non-stick pan and when hot, put in the sweet potato cubes. Stir fry gently until cooked through.
- Add the onions, pepper, and half of the herbs to the pan. Season with a good pinch of salt. Saute until the onions are soft and the sweet potato is a little crispy. This adds wonderful texture to the result.
- Now spread the contents of the pan evenly and crack the eggs over the other ingredients. Shimmy the pan around to distribute the egg. Turn the heat down and cover so the eggs can cook through without needing to flip them.
- Once the eggs almost cooked, sprinkle over the blue cheese and cover again.
- Once cheese is melted, sprinkle over the final half of the herbs and serve.